This research project is an intentional and meaningful way to engage students in understanding and applying the Cambridge Learner Attributes in a real-world setting. Cambridge students will research an influential figure, past or present, who exemplifies the Cambridge Learner Attributes to be shared within their schools.
Use the Cambridge Learner Attributes as a focus for your research:
- Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
- Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
- Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference
Cite your research appropriately; include with your final project.
- Give a brief background of your selected person and why you chose them.
- Influential figure examples can include historical, entertainment, sports, etc.
- Submit your work to your Cambridge teacher upon return to school in the fall.
Select a project presentation type from the following choice boards:
Use a Power Point or Digital tool of your choice to present your research. Creativity and organization are encouraged.
Create a poster including all necessary information about your selected person and traits. Information must be legible (can be typed) and include pictures. Creativity and organization are encouraged.
Use your traditional research and writing skills to write a paper where you provide the information to answer the prompt.
Create a scrapbook that takes your audience through the life of the person you are studying that includes pictures.
Create a digital audio file where you discuss your research. Be creative when considering your audience and tone in the podcast. Podcasts should be at least 5 minutes long.
Create the script where you exemplify the attributes in your chosen person through a fictional interview with your person. This can be presented in written or audio/visual form.
Organize and record a video detailing your presentation about your selected person. Videos should be at least 5 minutes long.
Imagine you are that person. As that person, think of what you would do on a typical day. Write diary or journal entries about your days as the person. Make sure to include examples of the attributes.
Select a Character Map template of your choice. Make sure all attributes and examples are displayed on your map.